I have been dying to tell the good news about this project for some time now, and am SO happy the time is now! Wise Ink, my publishers and all-around wonderful people, are starting a yearly anthology contest for young people.
And guess who is their #1 sponsor?!
If you know of any aspiring writers, please encourage them to submit!
I have a new cover for my book:
Can you handle it?! I mean, CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!
There’s a lot to say about the cover-choosing process while independently publishing, but let’s put it this way: it’s not as fun as one might think it would be. At least for someone like me, who is not-so-visual. I loved my old cover, designed by Scarlett Rugers. I love this one, too, designed by Kevin Cannon, but for different reasons. But at some point you must go with your gut, and my gut says this is the one.
So, in honor of going with my gut and my book going to press TODAY (!!!!!!!) I’m kicking off my first Twitter contest.
What could YOUR school do to become a better place?
The winning response (determined by me) must:
- Be a practical idea that could be implemented with little or no money
- Be confined to one tweet (140 characters)
- Include the hashtag #takebackmyschool
How to up your chances of winning:
- “Like” Teachable Lit on Facebook
- Add your email to my subscription box (no spam, I pinky swear)
- Add The Take Back of Lincoln Junior High to your Goodreads “To Read” list
The winner will be notified by DM on Twitter, and will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card! Contest begins today and ends March 15, 2014. The winner will be notified by March 16th.